I wanted to post pictures of the progress I’ve made since the beginning of the year from my New Year’s Resolutions.
Here’s a couple of notes:
- I did not achieve the results that I’ve aimed for. I was hoping to have my 6-pack by July; however, I’ve discovered that this is a much more difficult undertaking than I initially imagined.
- There are a couple of reasons that I haven’t accomplished my goal.
- Vegas trips. I’ve taken too my trips to Vegas (over 5 times since January). Each time I went to Vegas, I gorged myself with alcohol and commited in acts of surfeit. In addition, I made few attempts to exercise and/or work out during my trips.
- May hiatus. During the month of May, I cheated on my diet by consuming the finer indulgences of life such as chocolate, ice cream, and other forms of junk food. Additionally, I felt lethargic so I worked out only a few times.
- Cheat days. Since the beginning of the year, I allowed myself one cheat meal a week in hopes of making my life more bearing; however, that one meal incrementally increased to two to three cheat days a week.
- Lack of fibrous foods. My meals were generally healthy, but I could have consumed more foods containing high fiber.
Without further ado, here are my progress pictures…