With the growth of cellphones, tablets, and computers, people are straying away from the dinner table and begin to enjoy their meals with a cellphone. What happened to exchanging light banter with a friend and developing true human connections? Here are 5 tips to carry an engaging conversation:
- Silence and/or turn off the phone!
- Be inquisitive, but don’t be interrogative
- Be interested, not interesting
- Listen to the words without judging
- Look at the body language of the opposing party: Here is a fabulous article deconstructing body language